Our Journey

This blog is a small peek inside our family's first adventure into the world of adoption. We welcome your encouragement & financial support, but most importantly we appreciate your prayer covering as we climb the mountains & wander the valleys of this incredibly crazy, yet exciting journey God is leading our family on. We also ask for your prayer covering over our new children, wherever & whoever they are, that they will sense God's loving presence as He snuggles them for us, & for protection from satan's evil schemes toward each of us. Though we may be on opposite sides of the globe, or just a few miles apart, we trust God has already been preparing all of us for each other as our family grows again. May all the Glory in this journey go to our Heavenly Father, who adopted each of us as His own beloved sons & daughters.

About Us

Saturday, December 3, 2011

I'd Marry Him Again...

Twenty-three yrs ago today
I walked into a youth group meeting
for homeschooled high schoolers
that I attended every Friday night, 
expecting the same ol' worship and fellowship.

And I went home wondering
if I'd met the young man
who would eventually ask my dad
for my hand in marriage.


He stole my heart that night 
with his blue eyes, his smile, his Coke Cake,
and easy comfortable conversation.


 Over the years, 
he's continued to steal my heart.

He's never given it back.

Nearly four years later,
I became his bride.

Before our 7th Anniversary,
we were blessed with 
6 incredibly beautiful children.

After 19 years of marriage,
even if we had to go through
the same ups and downs of life,
the same disappointments and struggles,
the same celebrations and accomplishments,
the same broken dreams
and the same uncountable blessings...

I'd marry him again.

Rick, thank you for blessing my life
with your smile, your easy conversation,
and your tender unconditional love.
(And so much more!)


And thank you for being my journey's companion.
It's been an unforgettable experience
walking through life by your side,
and I expect this adventure is only going to get
more exciting with each passing year!

I just wanted everyone to know
how blessed I am...
because of you!

I love you!!


1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart, I am touched by your loving heart every day. You complete me. Together, we are one flesh in so many different ways. Our strengths compliment each other's weaknesses, and together we have a hundredfold return on our investment compared to being alone. I love you; I treasure you; and I hope the whole world knows it! I'm proud to be your husband. Thank you for saying yes; for saying "I do", and showing me every day by your actions. You are a queen among women and my heart safely trusts in you.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

Your comment will appear after moderation. We appreciate your encouragement and prayers.